A working title for a new article about the overuse and abuse of Software as a Service terminology
Okay, for those that know me I am a big SciFi and Anime fan. I was watching Stargate Atlantis last Friday with my daughter Morgan.
Last episode Zelenka makes an obscure (for those who didn't pass through University of Chicago's Computer Science department in the last 20 years) reference to Laszlo Babai. Laci (as he is sometimes known) is a professor of mathematics and computer science. Sometimes a real mind-bender when you pick up on a reference when only a handful of people would recognize.
Made a really good batch of serviche (Spanish spelling of cerviche) last weekend.
- One pound fresh scallops, thawed and chopped into small cubes
- Eight to ten whole limes, juiced
- Three tomatoes, preferably Roma. Seeded and chopped finely
- Half of a large red onion. Chopped finely
- One tablespoon of oregano
- 15 to 20 green olives, chopped finely
- One bunch of fresh cilantro chopped finely
- Three tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil
Defrost the scallops in lightly salted water. Fresh would be better but depending on where you live they may not be available. Drain, dry and chop into small (1/4 inch) cubes. Cover with fresh squeezed lime juice. Do not use bottle concentrate.
I travel a lot. It's September and I passed my 100,00th mile for this year (currently at just over 1.4MM miles on AA) a few weeks back. There are lots of tips and tricks for life on the road. I'll drop these along the way. Send me yours!
If you're a road warrior there are a list of a few "must haves". I'll give you my list of things and why.
Here they are in no particular order: